DCCWiki, a community DCC encyclopedia.
Pages in category "FAQs"
The following 175 pages are in this category, out of 175 total.
- Accessing Functions above F9 with an NCE Power Cab
- Additional LokProgrammer Support
- Addressing Conflicts between DCC Systems
- Adjust Chuff Rate, LokSound5 Multifunction Decoder
- Adjusting Voltage Output, Lenz Power Station
- After Installing a Multifunction Decoder the Vehicle runs in Reverse
- AR1 with Digitrax Zephyr Xtra
- Are large scale beginner sets available?
- Are LokSound v4 Sound Files compatible with Loksound V5 Multifunction Decoders?
- Are the Voltages on the Rails Dangerous to Children?
- Auto Reversing Tips
- Cab Bus Addresses
- Cab Bus Addresses, Power Cab
- Cab Bus Connectors
- Can a Booster be used with a Digitrax Zephyr
- Can an unmodified locomotive operate together with a DCC locomotive at the same time?
- Can I Quickly Change from DC to DCC and Back Again?
- Can I run large scale trains inside?
- Can I update the DCC++ EX installed the Arduino board using WiFi?
- Can I use a Lenz LVZ100 command station with LV100, LV101, or LV102 booster?
- Can I use Other Brands of Boosters on my Digitrax System?
- Can I use weed control spray like roundup on the tracks?
- Can One Command Station Control Multiple Layouts?
- Can the digital decoder send information back to the command station?
- Can the UT-4 be upgraded to UT-4R?
- Can you control things other than locomotive speed and direction?
- Can you run a digital decoder equipped locomotive with a conventional 12-volt DC power pack?
- Change a Digtrax DB150 from Command Station to Booster Only
- Changing Addresses on an MTH Locomotive
- Connection Issues with Digitrax Command Station USB Port
- FAQ:Consisting with Digitrax Multifunction Decoders
- CV Read and Write Issues with Broadway Limited Paragon Locomotives
- DCS100 Function Command Issues
- DCS51 Cheat Sheet
- Difference between NCE Pro Cab and Power Cab
- Difference between Steal and StealZap
- Digitrax PR4 and LocoNet
- Digitrax PR4 Drivers
- Digitrax PR4 Locking Up
- Digitrax Zephyr and the PM42 Quad Power Manager's Settings
- Digtrax and Indexed CVs
- Disable Startup Sequence for a LokSound Multifunction Decoder
- Does every layout block need transponding installed?
- Does retransmitting DCC packets consume all the bandwidth and affect throttles?
- Does the NCE Smart Booster 5 amp SB5 have short circuit protection?
- Does zero stretching have an effect on normal digital operation?
- Having issues with newer Digitrax throttles, such as DT602D or UT6, only getting power using Loconet?
- How are reverse loops and wyes wired?
- How do I clear the stack on Lenz command station LVZ100?
- How do I Control Track Switches?
- How do I keep cats off my garden railway?
- How do I measure Digital Command Control voltage?
- How does the standard work with computer control of the layout?
- How is Track Voltage Measured?
- How much space do large scale layouts take?
- How much Track can my Booster or Command Station Power?
- How to program decoders with CVs over 255 using Digitrax?
- How to Read the CV Settings on a Decoder using a Digitrax Empire Builder Set?
- How to reset Digitrax DCS 100 or 200 chief?
- How to Revive a Dead Decoder
- I cannot Connect to a LNWI
- Identify a Lenz Multifunction Decoder
- Identify a LokSound Multifunction Decoder
- If a packet is lost due to dirty track, what happens?
- In a DC system with common wiring to DCC, can I convert additions to home direct but leave the old blocks
- Increasing Rate of JMRI Read/Write Operations
- Is a non-DCC install locomotive affected by running on a DCC power track?
- Is DCC power AC?
- Is it necessary to Twist the Power Bus Wires?
- Is it possible to display the current draw on the display of the NCE Power Cab?
- Is it Possible to Limit Motor Voltage using CV5?
- Is it Possible to read CVs
- Is the PSXX Compatible with a Frog Juicer
- Railcom and NCE Decoders
- Rapido Sound Files for LokSound Multifunction Decoders
- Replace coin cell in Command Station
- Replacement Potentiometer for Digitrax UT4 Throttle
- Reset a Digitrax Zephyr
- Reset Digitrax Command Station
- Reset NCE Light It Decoder
- Reset NCE Power Cab
- Reset QSI Decoder
- Runaway Locomotives with Lenz DCC Systems
- What are the Digitrax audible error codes?
- What are the minimum height & height clearances for large scale layouts?
- What are the NMRA Digital Command Control Standards?
- What are the scales in Large Scale Model Railroading?
- What can burn out a decoder?
- What does 'Slot=Max' mean on Digitrax?
- What does error 02 mean on my Lenz command station?
- What does Large Scale, Garden Railways, G scale all mean?
- What is a command station?
- What is a decoder?
- What is a digital circuit breaker?
- What is a Headquarters
- What is a LokProgrammer
- What is a Power Routing Turnout
- What is an Indexed CV?
- What is an IPL
- What is an LNWI
- What is DCC?
- What is detection actually providing if I do not Install transponding?
- What is LCC
- What is meant by a bi-polar signal?
- What is Shunting Mode?
- What is Status Editing?
- What is the Cab Bus
- What is the DCC++ EX minimum hardware?
- What is the Default Address of a Multifunction Decoder?
- What is the difference in Insul-frog vs Peco Electro-Frog?
- What is the Purpose of a Resistor used for Decoder Programming
- What is the track status light on my Digitrax system?
- What is the U+ connection on a decoder used for?
- What older NCE decoders are not fully DCC compliant?
- What scale is right for me?
- Whats the difference between 128 vs 126 Speed Steps?
- Whats the difference between scale and guage?
- Where are good places to build large scale layouts?
- Where can I find external FAQ's about DCC?
- Which Wire Type is Better for DCC Wiring: Solid or Stranded
- Why allow zero stretching at all?
- Why Does a Consist Created on an NCE system not work with Digitrax?
- Why Does my Lenz Command Station have a flashing LED
- Why does my Locomotive not Respond to the Throttle
- Why does Writing an Extended Address with Programming on the Main Fail?
- Why is my Lenz LH100 display flashing?
- Why is the Lenz LH90 showing ERR 03 when trying to consist?
- Why Trains do not Move when using Digitrax?
- Why use a uni-polar signal instead of DC with a superimposed signal?
- Why use Packets? Just what is a packet anyway?
- Will accessory decoders having extended addresses interfere with multifunction decoders?
- Will an Accessory Decoder's Extended Address interfere with Mulitfunction Decoders